Only by working together, student and French teacher, can one successfully learn French. For us, learning French comes via the notions of:
Confidence – Open-mindedness – Communication.
Our classes are constructed according to the results of the written and oral French test that you sat during your first morning in our school. This French language test, as well as the teaching programme, is constructed in accordance with the levels of the European Framework for Languages.
Our communicative methods allow an immediate and solid application of our knowledge of the French language:
- Teamwork to write speeches, role play, debates in French, simulations, going around the table, recordings, real-life situations, videos, games…
- A engaging approach to French grammar developed in le Livre de l’Etudiant (given on arrival) and regularly updated original documents (newspapers, stories, song lyrics, TV programmes, French radio, exercises…)
Our teachers (graduates and French native speakers) are:
- responsible for the harmony and the dynamic of the group
- Professionals with educational objectives
- Able to motivate and encourage you
At the end of your language stay, you will be given a certificate from the alpha.b French School which will state the level you followed. On the certificate there will also be an indication of the number of classes you attended, the duration of your stay, the type of course and the names of your teachers.
On your request, it is possible to receive a certificate of your individual level. This certificate is awarded following a test constructed according the DELF model, measuring each of the 4 skills (listening comprehension, speaking, reading comprehension and writing). The oral skills are assessed in class by the teacher during the final week of the course, whereas the reading and writing skills are assessed by an individual test taken under exam conditions. The written test is marked by one of our teachers authorised by the CIEP to be a member of the jury of the DELF and according to the grading system used during the examination of the DELF.
Note: this individual certificate is not a degree.
Lundi au vendredi : 8h30 – 17h30
Samedi et dimanche : fermé
Institut linguistique alpha.b
2 rue d’Angleterre
Par email : Contact
Par téléphone : +33 493 160 036